- Support for services and programs offered by the Senior Center.
- Discounts on classes and travel.
- Priority sign-up on H.I.P. Travel.
- Receive the monthly "Prime Times" newsletter.
- Use of the lending library.
- Free wifi in the building.
- Bread donations courtesy of VG's.
- Monthly produce (through a Gleaner's grant).
- Opportunities to be healthier and make new friends.
Yearly Membership Fees:
$20.00 - for a single
$30.00 - for a couple
More Information About Costs
Membership is not required for Transportation, Resource Advocate, or Health Clinic services.
If you are 90 years of age or older, you receive a complimentary membership but please check-in with our office. (If anyone cannot afford to pay for the membership, please call Carol Ringle at (810) 632-2139.)
Although the Hartland Senior Center provides information through workshops, seminars and advertising for senior services, we do not endorse any private company; merely inform consumers of the availability of services that may enhance the lives of our members outside of the Center. As a consumer, you are encouraged to independently research and ask for references We appreciate all the support we receive from our local business community and health care providers.
Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, or national origin in programs and activities receiving Federal financial assistance. Specifically, Title VI provides that "no person in the United States shall, on the ground of race, color, or national origin, be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under any program or activity receiving Federal financial assistance" (42 U.S.C. Section 2000d).
Hartland Senior Activity Center is committed to ensuring that no person is excluded from participation in, or denied the benefits of its transit services on the basis of race, color, or national origin, as protected by Title VI in Federal Transit Administration (FTA) Circular 4702.1.A.
If you feel you are being denied participation in or being denied benefits of the transit services provided by Hartland Senior Center , or otherwise being discriminated against, please contact the Hartland Senior Center , 9525 Highland Rd., Howell, MI 48843.
Code of Conduct
In order to maintain an atmosphere that is pleasant, welcoming and respectful of each person involved in Center activities including trips, it is important that staff, members, volunteers and guests avoid behavior which infringes on the rights, welfare or enjoyment of others. The HSC reserves the right to revoke membership or to deny participation in any HSC activity to any person who does not observe this Code of Conduct. Behavior to be avoided includes, but is not limited to:
- Physical assault or insulting behavior directed to another, including participants, staff or volunteers.
- Harassment, sexual or otherwise of another including participants, staff or volunteers.
- Use of illegal controlled substances.
- Theft of any kind.
- Aggressive or disruptive behavior.
- Offensive language.
- Smoking or using alcohol or illegal controlled substances in the Hartland Senior Activity Center or on the
property of Hartland Consolidated Schools, including parking areas is prohibited.
The HSC reserves the right to decide whether to accept, reject or retain any member, guest or traveler who poses a direct threat to the health, enjoyment or safety of themselves or others.
The Advisory Council and other designated volunteer members will assist the staff in enforcing this code of conduct.